Sunday, January 18, 2009

A personal post from UrbanCritter

I've been posting to this blog for a while now but generally on specific issues or topics. Today I thought I'd share something a little more personal - I rescued Toto, a beautiful domestic long-haired cat, from an industrial area in Sydney Australia when he was barely 6 weeks old. He was just a little scrap of mite-infested fur and bones, with a huge purr. Fourteen years later and half a world away, we're still together and he's now 17 pounds of Best Friend - I can't imagine why anyone would have dumped him but I am so grateful he found me!

Here's Toto taking a walk on the leash today - proving that you can not only train a cat to walk on leash, but you can teach an old cat new tricks (he transitioned without a hitch from being an indoor-outdoor cat to indoor only when we moved to the US six years ago, and he started walking on the leash about a year ago)! Hope you enjoy this little glimpse of Toto!

1 comment: